Residential Fire Curtailed on Southwest ‘G’
Thursday evening at 6:06 Grants Pass Fire and rescue responded to a residential fire at 577 southwest G Street.
Crews found smoke showing from the front door and discovered a well-established fire in the back bedroom. Crews brought the fire under control within a few minutes of the 911 call.
The residents were just returning to the home and heard their smoke alarm sounding, discovered the fire and made the 911 call. The cause was determined to be a fan that overheated, igniting clothing and the bed.
Four engines responded to the scene along with Grants Pass Police and an ambulance from American Medical Response. Rural Metro Fire Department assisted. No injuries were reported.