Flu Fire Spreads to 2nd Story & Attic
Rural Metro Fire Department extinguished a structure fire at 385 Brookstone Hills Drive early Sunday night.
The initial call for a flue fire was received by Rural Metro at 8:05 p.m. and when units arrived on the scene they saw smoke coming from under the eaves and the alarm was immediately upgraded to a structure fire and additional units responded.
Crews located a fire in the wall on the second story and an attic fire that had extended from the chimney fire. Crews made an aggressive attack, extinguishing the fire and preventing it from spreading to other areas of the home.
Rural Metro had two engines, two tenders and 12 firefighters on the scene and received support from Grants Pass Fire and Rescue.
50 minutes after the initial call representatives of County Fire and Security advised that the property owner had a contract with them and they assumed control of the scene.