kldr logo


Crews Knock Down House Fire, Near SOU Saturday Morning
Crews Knock Down House Fire, Near SOU Saturday Morning

Pajama-clad residents in a neighborhood above Southern Oregon University took to the street Saturday morning as twenty firefighters and command staff from Ashland Fire & Rescue, along with Jackson County Fire District #5 responded to a two-alarm fire at 588 Elkader St.

The fire was reported to be burning in the home’s attic. The homeowner was battling the blaze with a garden hose from outside when fire crews arrived.

Firefighters accessed the attic from inside and tore into the roof to completely extinguish the flames. The fire started where a stove pipe exited a wall and passed through the roofing to the chimney.

There was damage to items stored in the attic and smoke damage to the home. No injuries were reported.