kldr logo


Medical-marijuana-drying stove culprit in Medford house fire
A medical-marijuana-drying stove was the culprit for a fire that occurred Wednesday a bit after 7:00 p.m. at a single-story home near the intersection of Matthews Place and Valley View Drive in Medford.

The stove was drying marijuana in an outbuilding and when it caught fire the flames quickly spread to the residence.

The home suffered heavy damage but was not a total loss and no injuries were reported.

Police say the homeowner had legal limits of marijuana and, although the investigation is continuing, charges will not likely be filed.